Because a great deal of the human nervous system is located in the head, it's not so strange that your head feels the effects of stress, tension and strain. Just like a massage for your aching muscles, a scalp massage increases circulation, aids relaxation and is the perfect way to ease away the tensions of the day.
Instructions (from ehow)
- Step 1Tap gently from the base of the neck up to the hairline and back with your fingers, as if tapping on a desk. Repeat this step at least three times.
- Step 2Apply gentle pressure and move the pads of your fingers in a circular motion at the base of the neck, slowly moving up towards the hairline.
- Step 3Quicken the pace of the circular motions and increase the pressure slightly as you move from the base of the neck up to the hairline and back again.
- Step 4Open your hands and widen the pattern of the circular motions to move up the middle of the head to the front hairline and down the sides of each ear.
- Step 5Rake your fingers through the hair, gently scratching the scalp with your nails, starting at the base of the neck and working towards the hairline and back.
- Step 6Wrap a moist, warm towel around your head and relax.