#131 Cut sugar

 “Let your food be your medicine and let your medicine be your food.”
-- Hippocrates
Because refined sugar increases stress hormones, fuels inflammation and depletes uptake of certain minerals, it's one of the chronic pain bad guys. Try eliminating sugar from your diet completely for a few weeks and you may be amazed at the results!
I've read this and heard this so many times, so I just had to try it. I had great effect after 2 weeks, and if I hadn't forgotten what it was like living with chronic daily pain after two pain-free months (my memory isn't as good as it used to be;) I'd probably be on it still. But I gradually slipped back, and you know what? My pain did too. 
I hope that you, my dear reader, have better memory and better self discipline than I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment