#50 Dance

 

Why wait till Saturday night, when you can dance right now? 
Calvin and Hobbes have a great routine going on here, and I'm not saying you need to involve any stuffed tigers or other imaginary friends in this activity, but you can ...

It's great physical training, it's fun, you can do it anywhere (it's especially fun when done in wildly inappropriate places, like.. standing in line at the tax office) and there's no "right" or "wrong" dance style. Dead simple, just put on a swingy song, get up - or roll out your wheelchair - and move around. I like the 3 minute "get your blood circulating"-dance in the afternoon. If I've been stuck in front of the computer too long, and I notice some muscle pain is creeping up the scale from 3 to 4, I'll switch to my happy-list on Spotify (it's collaborative, so you can add your own) and dance to a song or two. I always feel better afterwards, and my colleagues usually do too... at least they smile more;)



4 comments:

  1. I love it! Am I right in guessing that you have a physical fitness theme on fridays? How about swimming for a fitness topic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andy! Yes, you're right, I follow a weekly schedule for my blog posts, and "get fit friday" is all about physical rehabilitation and training. Swimming, yes, absolutely! Thanks for your input:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Unfortunately, Snoopy is a better dancer than I. However, when no one is looking, there is no excuse. I dance with my granddaughters. They aren't critics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gigi, with little sweeties as cute as your granddaughters around, I would be dancing every day, they are sure to be great medicine:)

    ReplyDelete