#98 Look at something beautiful


Our surroundings have a big impact on our well being, and optimal healing conditions are clean, serene and beautiful. This is my daybed in the summer house I had in Dalsland, with a view of the lake. I spend a lot of time lying down because of my back fracture, so in my home there is a place to lie down in every room, and I make sure the surroundings are pleasing to the eye, so I can focus on resting and healing when I need to.



No matter how weak I am, and no matter how much pain I'm in, I always gain some mental relief by looking at something beautiful. You don't need to remodel your home to surround yourself with beauty, clearing your space and adding some small items in vibrant colors that appeal to you may be enough.
Having fresh fruit, or just a single rose by your bedside when you are stuck in bed with a pain flare up, gives you something nice to look at and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment